Monday, April 16, 2012

My Top eBay Moments This Week

I had some fun sales this week! I sold 49 items. My shoe cream inventory is really low right now, so most of those sales were actually "real" items.


These vintage single-serving gelatin molds were given to me. I wasn't expecting much out of them, because less than half of them were brand name, so I listed them for $9.99 + shipping. I got two watchers almost immediately, so I raised the price to $11.99 and they sold overnight. I guess that was still too low. I am quite confident in my shoe and clothing prices, but these odds and ends stump me more often than not.
  • Acquired On: 3/22/12 (from a friend)
  • Listed On: 4/12/12
  • Sold On: 4/13/12
  • Paid: -0-
  • Sold For: $11.99 + shipping

These Lite Brite pegs were from the same friend. I figured if they were being given to me, it was worth a shot to maybe make a few bucks on them. I decided to list them for 30 days, instead of my usual Good Til Cancelled, and if they hadn't sold by the time we have our yard sale, I'd stick them in the yard sale for a buck or two. They also sold very quickly.
  • Acquired On: 3/22/12 (from a friend)
  • Listed On: 4/11/12
  • Sold On: 4/15/12
  • Paid: -0-
  • Sold For: $11.99 + shipping

Had some great American Girl sales this week. These are Kaya's winter accessories. They are still available on the American Girl website for $22. But for some reason, someone wanted to buy my pre-owned set (which was missing the feather from the hat). Go figure.
  • Acquired On: 4/6/12 (yard sale)
  • Listed On: 4/9/12
  • Sold On: 4/10/12
  • Paid: $1 for 18 outfits
  • Sold For: $19.99 + shipping

From the same friend. They were hers when she was little. I sold them too low too, but once the buyer told me why she wanted them, I was perfectly fine with the price. She had this set for her daughter 30 years ago. Her daughter passed away, and about a month ago her nephew broke the cup. She's been looking for a replacement ever since. Sad story, but I'm so glad I was able to make her set complete again.
  • Acquired On: 3/22/12 (from a friend)
  • Listed On: 4/10/12
  • Sold On: 4/12/12
  • Paid: -0-
  • Sold For: $19.99 + shipping


Circo cowgirl boots = good sellers. This is the fourth pair I've sold. I bought these from a girl on my local Facebook selling group. They sold quickly too. This was a week of quick flips! These sold on a Thursday night. The buyer messaged me that she hoped to have them by Sunday (she lives in my state), and she would pay extra for faster shipping. So she sent me extra money for Express mail. I packaged them up and made a special trip to the post office. They didn't make it in time, but she was very very nice about it. She knew it was a long shot right from the beginning. I'm sure her granddaughter will still love them, even if they ARE a day late.
  • Acquired On: 3/29/12 (Facebook group)
  • Listed On: 4/5/12
  • Sold on: 4/12/12
  • Paid: $6.00
  • Sold For: $24.99 + shipping

I love SAS shoes. These were in fantastic condition, but they were a kind of odd size (10 narrow), so they took awhile to sell. I had gotten a couple offers on them. I finally let them go this week for a little less than I'd have liked, but they clearly weren't going to get me top dollar anytime soon, so I accepted the offer.
  • Acquired On: 10/19/11 (Goodwill)
  • Listed On: 12/11/11
  • Sold On: 4/12/12
  • Paid: $2.99
  • Sold For: $29.00 + shipping (I had free shipping on the listing, but they went to Canada, so the buyer paid the shipping)


I have good luck with men's Ralph Lauren shirts. This is the 4th or 5th one I've sold since I started selling clothing in January. I had it priced at $39.99 or best offer, and I was glad to accept an offer for $35.
  • Acquired On: 1/31/12 (Goodwill)
  • Listed On: 2/6/12
  • Sold On: 4/11/12
  • Paid: $3.99
  • Sold For: $35.00 + shipping


I'm kicking myself about these. These are earth brand (with a lower-case 'e'). I've had them for awhile, but I just got around to listing them last night. I researched and found the same pair (smaller size) that recently sold for $32, so I priced mine at $35 + shipping. I almost priced them for $40 or $45, but for some reason, I stuck with the $35. They sold within 3 hours. That's possibly one of my fastest shoe sales.  Always, always, always pick up earth brand shoes, as long as they have the lower-case 'e'. If they say "earth shoes" or have a capital "E" they are Walmart brand, and you should skip them.
  • Acquired On: 2/21/12 (Goodwill)
  • Listed On: 4/15/12
  • Sold On: 4/16/12
  • Paid: $2.99
  • Sold For: $35.00 + shipping

I can't remember if I mentioned this pan earlier this week or not. I've had it for a really long time. I sold it probably 9 months ago, but it ended up being a UPI. Apparently I forgot to relist it. I saw it on my stack of listed pans a couple weeks ago and was surprised that it hadn't sold yet. I went to check the listing and see if I should make changes, and I realized it wasn't even listed. I listed it and it sold quickly.

I'm going to give you a very important tip about Wilton pans. They can ship in a poly mailer. Don't be afraid. Wrap them 3 or 4 times in bubble wrap, and they'll be just fine. I've shipped quite a few of them like that, and I've never had any problems.

That's a big part of why this pan sold so quickly. All the others ones listed were charging $7-10 for priority shipping. I knew I could ship mine for around $3. So I priced mine so that my price was just under the others, but offered free shipping. Because it only cost me $3 to ship, I still ended up making more than the other, higher-priced ones. For example, there was one listed for $37 + $10 shipping. I priced mine for $44.99 with free shipping. My total price was $2 less than that other seller, but that other seller is only getting $37 for theirs, whereas I still got $41 for mine after I substracted my shipping cost. Does that make sense? First class shipping on Wilton pans can really give you a leg up on the competition.
  • Acquired On: ??
  • Listed On: 4/5/12
  • Sold On: 4/15/12
  • Paid: ? probably less than $3
  • Sold For: $44.99 - $2.99 shipping

Another Kaya outfit.
  • Acquired On: 4/6/12 (yard sale)
  • Listed On: 4/9/12
  • Sold On: 4/10/12
  • Paid: $1 for 18 outfits
  • Sold For: $49.99 + shipping

I sold this for my hairdresser. I'm sure she paid more for it than what I sold it for, but she handed me 2 of these, 2 wigs, and a bag full of wig ponytails and said she wanted to get $100 out of it. I'm keeping one of the wig heads as payment, and I've sold the other head, both wigs, and 7 of the 18 ponytails for a total of $149.48, so I'm not too worried about the individual sale prices anymore. She's gotten her $100, so the rest is just bonus money to her.
  • Acquired On: ? December maybe?
  • Listed On: 3/18/12
  • Sold On: 4/15/12
  • Paid: -0-
  • Sold For: $50.00 + $51.90 priority shipping to Norway!

Another American Girl outfit. This one belongs to Marisol. Marisol clothing seems to be in pretty high demand. I've sold 2 of her outfits for top dollar.
  • Acquired On: 4/6/12 (yard sale)
  • Listed On: 4/9/12
  • Sold On: 4/15/12
  • Paid: $1 for 18 outfits
  • Sold For: $54.99 + shipping
And my favorite sale of the week:


Isn't she gorgeous? If I was a doll person, I'd have kept her. She's just beautiful. I love her face. Sigh. But I'm not. And if I kept her, she'd have gotten destroyed by my crazy kids. I hope she's happy in her new home.
  • Acquired On: 4/6/12 (yard sale)
  • Listed On: 4/10/12
  • Sold on: 4/14/12
  • Paid: $10.00
  • Sold For: $139.99 + shipping
That was really a lot of highlights. I'll try really hard to post more regularly this week.

What did you sell last week?

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had a great week! Congrats!!

    I'm going to have to start looking up Wilton pans on ebay to get an idea what to look for. I know I've seen tons of them around but am never sure if the ones I've seen would sell well or if they are duds. At least now I know that Thomas the Train will sell well ;)

    ReplyDelete