Sunday, April 1, 2012

My Top eBay Moments This Week

I had a mixed week this week. No problem buyers, but I did have another pair of Clarks break. That is a brand that is officially OFF my BOLO list. I will keep the ones I already have listed, and I went ahead and listed the last few pairs I had lying around, but I won't buy anymore for resale. They just aren't well-made anymore, and the old pairs that were well-made are old enough that they keep dry rotting.

I also have a pair of Ferragamos coming back (whimper). Fortunately, they were my one pair of women's ones that I finally sold for $45 + shipping. I won't bother picking up women's Ferragamos in the future either. I've got my fingers crossed that this buyer isn't going to be a problem. She wants me to refund her original shipping. I pointed out my return policy, which states that I don't refund original shipping. I also pointed out that I include measurements in my listings in order to cut down on returns for fit. She wrote back, "But I am paying to ship them back to you. Please refund my original shipping." Sigh. I'm not going to. Hopefully it doesn't earn me a negative.

And I have a pair of jeans coming back, also for fit. I was thrilled that they sold, because they were a brand I had never heard of. Hopefully I can resell them quickly.

I sold 72 items this week. My shoe sales have picked back up some, so that's good. But I am loving selling clothing more and more. They're super easy to find, photograph, measure, list, ship. Everything about them is great. And my profit margin is better on clothing too.

My favorites:


After the consignment sale I participated in last weekend, anything that didn't get picked up was a part of the Dollar Dash. Everything that was $1-$19.99 was $1. $20.00-$29.99 was $2. $30.00-$39.99 was $3. And so on. I got this youth Under Armour shirt there. Once I got it home, I realized it had a pretty noticeable snag on the front. I disclosed that in the listing and priced it on the low side. It sold overnight.
  • Acquired: 3/25/12 (consignment sale)
  • Listed On: 3/26/12
  • Sold On: 3/27/12
  • Paid: $1.00
  • Sold For: $12.99 + shipping

This is one of the last pairs of Clarks I had lying around. I scrubbed and scrubbed them, but there was still some sort of residue on the insole. I asked my husband, "What's a less-disgusting word for 'residue'?" We tried really hard but couldn't come up with anything. I went with: "There is something on the insole." I priced these on the low side too, and they sold later the same night. I was double surprised by that quick sale, because these are a size 6.5. Size 6's and 6.5's just do NOT sell for me.
  • Acquired: 2/17/12 (Harrisburg road trip)
  • Listed On: 3/31/12
  • Sold On: 3/31/12
  • Paid: $3.99
  • Sold For: $20.00 + shipping

These Columbia shorts came from the yard sale I have mentioned several times. To date, I have sold just about 3/4 of the items I bought there, and I have more than tripled my investment. Yay!
  • Acquired: 9/?/11 (yard sale)
  • Listed On: 10/26/11
  • Sold On: 3/31/12
  • Paid: $6.25
  • Sold For: $21.24 + shipping

I've never had any luck with Izod, but this shirt was new with tags, cute, and perfect for spring, so I took a chance on it. It sold fairly quickly, and for my full asking price.
  • Acquired: 2/29/12 (Goodwill)
  • Listed On: 3/8/12
  • Sold On: 3/27/12
  • Paid: $3.19
  • Sold For: $24.99 + shipping

I love this skirt, but it wasn't my size, so I listed it. I thought for sure it would sell quickly, but it took a little longer. It sold for my full asking price, so it was worth the wait.
  • Acquired: 2/17/12 (Harrisburg road trip)
  • Listed On: 2/19/12
  • Sold On: 3/29/12
  • Paid: $1.00
  • Sold For: $29.99 + shipping

This Wrangler shirt didn't last long either. I wonder if it's because it's short-sleeved? I haven't sold a whole ton of western shirts, but this is the first short-sleeved one I've ever had. I had someone offer me something like $12 for it. I counter-offered, but in the meantime, someone else bought it for my full asking price.
  • Acquired On: 2/21/12 (Goodwill)
  • Listed On: 3/22/12
  • Sold On: 3/27/12
  • Paid: $3.99
  • Sold For: $29.99 + shipping

I was very excited to find this shirt for 3 reasons. #1) It's Quacker Factory. #2) It's a 1X. #3) Wild cats! I listed it pretty high with best offer, figuring I could decide as offers came in if they were prices I was happy with, rather than just setting a price. I got a lowish offer pretty quickly. I counter-offered and didn't hear back from her until a week later. I accepted her second offer.
  • Acquired On: 2/29/12 (Goodwill)
  • Listed On: 3/8/12
  • Sold On: 3/27/12
  • Paid: $3.19
  • Sold For: $30.00 + shipping

I LOVE these Banana Republic boots. If they were my size, and if I ever had any reason at all to ever need rain boots, I'd have kept them. They were like new. The paper price tag was still on the sole of the boot, and didn't look as if it had every gotten wet. There was a little bit of dirt in the tread though, so I know they were worn at least once. They sold pretty quickly.
  • Acquired On: 2/17/12 (Harrisburg road trip)
  • Listed On: 3/3/12
  • Sold On: 3/30/12
  • Paid: $6.97
  • Sold For: $35.00 + shipping

I listed this for my mother-in-law. The grandkids pretty much quit playing with it, so she asked me to try to sell it. I told her it would probably take awhile, and that she could probably expect about $60 for it. I listed it high - $99.99 or best offer. Imagine my surprise when it sold the other day for my full asking price!!
  • Acquired: ?
  • Listed On: 12/31/11
  • Sold On: 3/30/12
  • Paid: -0-
  • Sold For: $99.99 + shipping
What were your favorite sales this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment