Sunday, December 16, 2012

Random Acts of Christmas Kindness - Day 15



I confess, I did this one a day late. I was directed to this news story about an 87-year-old woman who has saved every card she's ever received in the mail throughout her lifetime. She has been saving them to read when she is on her deathbed. She had over 1,000 cards saved up, and she lost them all during Hurricane Sandy.

Her son-in-law is on a mission to replace those cards as soon as possible. Of course, they won't be the same as the ones she has treasured all of these years, but I think it's an amazing gesture. We are sending her a Christmas card in tomorrow's mail.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sending her a card too! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this! My son and I are going to buy a special card this afternoon to send to her.

    ReplyDelete