Thursday, December 13, 2012

Random Acts of Christmas Kindness - Day 13





I'm honestly not sure what happened to days 11 and 12. I think they just sort of slipped by unnoticed :(

My sister kept our 4 kids overnight last night and all day today so my husband and I could go Christmas shopping. While we were in Toys 'R Us, I saw a whole row of boxes lined up across the front of the store. They were labelled BABY, TODDLER, BOY, GIRL, etc... Silly me, I assumed they were Toys 4 Tots boxes, even though they weren't marked as such. We decided to buy a small toy for that as our RACK for today. We chose a Rock 'n' Stack.
We added it to our purchases and headed for the check-out. After the cashier scanned it, she put it in our bag. I said, "Oh, that's for those boxes over there."  She looked at the boxes, then at the toy, then back to me and said, "What?" I said, "We bought that to donate to Toys 4 Tots, so it goes in those boxes over there." Again, she looked at me very puzzled. I said, "Aren't those boxes for Toys 4 Tots donations?" She said, "No, those are for customer returns." HA! So she asked the manager if there was a Toys 4 Tots donation box. He said they did have one, but they don't have it anymore, but that "I can take it back to the office for you if you'd like."  Well, we have no use for this particular toy, and we did buy it to donate it, so yes, we would like. We handed it to him, he made a strange face at us, and we said, "um, thanks" and walked away. It was very bizarre.

And I'm not completely convinced that he didn't just go put it back on the shelf to sell again.....

But it's the thought that counts, right?

1 comment:

  1. I don't think it's going to make it to the Toys for Tots program! Your suspicion is probably correct! But it is the thought that counts!!! How nice that you have a day to shop without the kids! Swapping days with you family is a big help!!

    ReplyDelete