Monday, May 14, 2012

Revitalized!

Yay! I am encouraged! I had a really great sales weekend. After a really long slump with an occasional one-day slight bump in sales, I had a rocking weekend. I sold 13 items yesterday alone! Fingers crossed that it continues for at least a few days. I've got a storage building to buy in less than 2 weeks, and my checking account has NOT been going in the right direction the last week or so.


This was given to me by a friend, and it sold fairly quickly. I priced it somewhere toward the higher end of the currently listed ones, so I expected it to take awhile. I am currently running an almost storewide 25% off sale to boost my sales, so that's probably why mine sold before some of the others did. $10.49.

**********


These Ann Taylor capris were given to me also. They're a size 0, which, you know, ALMOST fit me. <end sarcasm>   They sold last night, and when I was getting ready to ship them, I realized that I had "NWT" in the title, even though they aren't. The item specifics and the body of the listing both say that they are pre-owned, but I sent a message to my buyer anyway, just to make sure she still wants them. I haven't heard back yet. $11.24.

**********


I've mentioned the big huge yard sale I went to last fall. I'm already looking forward to going to it again, but not until half-price weekend. I've also made a mental note of what I bought last year that STILL hasn't sold. Izod tops that list. It's strange, because Izod is a great brand name - well-known, high-priced. And yet, the vast majority of my Izod stuff just sits. And sits. And sits. So I'll pass on it next time. These finally sold for $11.25. Totally worth the 8-month wait, since I paid $4.50 for them. Lesson learned.

**********


I probably could have held out for more on this, but since my sales have been so pathetic lately, I was taking almost any offer that came to my email this week. This is a Tour de France cycling jersey, size 2X. It sold on sale this week for $23.99 plus shipping.

**********


I could have gotten a LOT more for this. I had it priced at $59.99 or best offer. It was 25% off this week, and I accepted an offer for $25 plus shipping. It's in perfect condition and had several watchers, but again ... dry spell. I only paid $3-something for it, so I'm happy enough with it.

**********


This was one of the Miche shells from the lot I bought last week that I was worried I paid too much for. Quick recap on that one:  I paid $45 for the bag with 2 sets of handles, a purse organizer, and 2 shells. I listed them last Tuesday night. I sold the organizer Wednesday morning, the purse Thursday morning, and this shell last night. I'm up to $75 on that investment, and I still have one of the shells left. I have it priced for $29.99, so once it sells, I'll have more than doubled my money on that. Not bad for a lot I was afraid I paid too much for :)

**********


I've had these Levi's since February. They're 30x30 skinny jeans, so I knew they would take just the right buyer. I paid $2.99 for them and sold them last night for $37.49 plus shipping.

**********

So all in all, a GREAT weekend! Here's hoping for an awesome week for everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment