Thursday, November 22, 2012

2013 Record Keeping

It's getting to be that time of year again. Have you started thinking about how you are going to be keeping records next year? I am a real proponent of the pencil and paper method. I have mentioned quite a few times here that I use the Dome Record Keeping book. Last year, I made the mistake of buying a weekly record keeping book at a thrift store because it was cheap. Well. I won't be doing THAT again. That means that instead of reconciling my books 12 times a year, I had to do it *52* times a year! What on earth was I thinking??  I'll definitely be going with the monthly book this year.

Read this post for my step-by-step tutorial for how to use this great book.

And as we are approaching the end of the year and tax time, you can refresh your memory by reading my tax series here. Please keep in mind, I am NOT an accountant or any other tax professional. These posts detail how *I* do things. If there is anything you are unsure of or uncomfortable with, please be sure to do your own research.


Happy Thanksgiving!!

2 comments:

  1. Any advice for those ultimate procrastinators out there who have kept every receipt and scrap, as well as a completely blank dome book? There are no shortcuts, but is it possible to sort out a good deal of it through Paypal reports?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - that IS the ultimate procrastination! lol. I honestly do not know if there is a way to sort out different Paypal reports. My advice would be to root around in the various Paypal reports available and see what all there is. I have never dug around in there to see what all reports they offer. Hopefully that have plenty of reports that will help you out! My BEST advice would be to do better next year :-P

    ReplyDelete