Monday, July 9, 2012

What a Weekend!

Well I'm back! My husband and I drove out to Indiana over the weekend to visit my dear friend Tina. It was absolutely awesome to finally meet in person and get to spend the weekend shopping together!! We had a blast!!

We shopped, we yammered, we ate, we giggled. And I can hardly wait to do it again!


I had put my store on vacation the first day I was gone, and then took it back off of vacation Friday afternoon. I'm not sure what happened, but my sales have significantly improved since then. I'm still nowhere near my first quarter average, but I'm doing much better than I had been. Thank goodness.

Some noteworthy sales from the past week:



My hard-won Miche lot has been treating me well. This discontinued Cori shell sold for $29.99 this weekend.
  • Date Acquired: 6/28/12 (yard sale)
  • Date listed: 7/2/12
  • Date Sold: 7/7/12
  • Paid: $2
  • Sold For: $29.99 + shipping


My Facebook yard sale group has been treating me well too. I bought these toddler Keen sandals on there recently. They sold fairly quickly.
  • Acquired On: 6/11/12 (Facebook)
  • Listed On: 6/14/12
  • Sold On: 7/2/12
  • Paid: $4
  • Sold For: $25.00 + shipping


Another Facebook find. I'm amazed at how often people sell Converse on that group for dirt cheap!
  • Acquired On: 6/14/12 (Facebook)
  • Listed On: 6/26/12
  • Sold On: 7/8/12
  • Paid: $5.00
  • Sold For: $25.00 + shipping

More Miche from the yard sale lot. This is a petite bag, only about 6"x8"
  • Acquired On: 6/28/12 (yard sale)
  • Listed On: 7/3/12
  • Sold On: 7/7/12
  • Paid: $5, but it had a shell on it too
  • Sold For: $19.99 + shipping

And more Miche. This is the classic size bag. It also had a shell on it (which I'll be able to sell for $25-30), and the second set of straps you see in the picture.
  • Acquired On: 6/28/12
  • Listed On: 7/3/12
  • Sold On: 7/7/12
  • Paid: $10 (that included the other shell)
  • Sold For: $29.99 + shipping



More Miche. Y'all are gonna get so sick of hearing about this lot. These 5 were stained, so I was going to throw them away, but I decided to put them in a lot with Best Offer, just to see what would happen. Imagine my surprise when they sold 2 days later, for 75% of my asking price!
  • Acquired On: 6/24/12 (yard sale)
  • Listed On: 7/3/12
  • Sold on: 7/5/12
  • Paid: Approximately $2 each
  • Sold For: $30.00 + shipping


My sister-in-law brought me this denim skirt recently. It is a really dark blue wash with red stitching down the sides, so I wasn't surprised when it sold quickly.
  • Acquired On: 6/25/12 (sister-in-law)
  • Listed On: 6/25/12
  • Sold On: 6/30/12
  • Paid: $7.90
  • Sold For: $29.99 + shipping


Remember how terrible my Kaya doll looked when I bought her? I got a really low offer on her last week. I counter-offered, but as usual, never heard back. I was thrilled to accept an offer yesterday from someone else.
  • Acquired On: 4/6/12 (yard sale)
  • Listed On: 6/7/12
  • Sold On: 7/8/12
  • Paid: $10.00
  • Sold For: $75.00 + shipping

My American Girl lot has performed stunningly well! To recap, I paid $31 for 3 dolls and a ton of accessories. I have my Kirsten doll left, as well as 5 outfits. To date, I have sold $564.26 worth!!

3 comments:

  1. I baffled at what people buy used converse for! I buy my kid's Converse NEW for $20-25 plus tax, so I never bothered with selling used ones. Hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  2. All that work fixing Kaya's hair was worth it in the end. And how wonderful that you got to meet Tina in person! Love the photo of you two together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice trip getting to meet Tina. Its always nice to actually Put a face with a name. I'm amazed how much you made on the American Girl stuff. Great find!

    ReplyDelete