Thursday, June 28, 2012

Walmart Special

Just a quick post tonight. I actually had a REAL sales day today!!  I had, I think, 7 sales! How encouraging :)

I had some SERIOUSLY AWESOME yard saling adventures this morning, but that's going to have to wait until Monday. I don't have time to get into it tonight, and I'll be away from a computer for the next few days... Sorry!

I just wanted to talk a little more about denim skirts. I was running low on denim skirts and hadn't been out shopping for awhile. My sister-in-law saved the day and brought me a bag full of them the other day. There were 7 or 8 skirts in there. Some great brands, some not-so-great brands. My heart sunk just a little when I saw a Faded Glory skirt in the bag. Blech. Walmart?? Who's gonna pay good money for a Walmart denim skirt? But it had 2 things going for it:  it was plus sized, and it had interesting seaming. When I asked my SIL to start watching for denim skirts for me, I specified that they MUST have interesting seaming. I guess I forgot to mention not to get Walmart brands. lol. 

But anyway....I listed them the other day, and wouldn't you know it - the Walmart one was the second one to sell!


Don't be afraid to list Walmart brands. But do NOT put the brand name in the title. You want your buyer to see the photo and fall in love with it. Then, once they open the listing and realize it's a Walmart brand, they'll have already fallen in love with it, so they won't care so much about the brand name. On the other hand, if you put the brand right in the title, that's the first thing they'll see, even before the photo. They'll be turned off immediately and won't even bother opening your listing.

This didn't sell for huge bucks, but I was pleased to get $19.99 + shipping out of it - especially considering the brand!

4 comments:

  1. Who would have thought Walmart would sell. Great advice. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just started selling long skirts. After reading how well you do with them I thought I would give it a try. Having good luck so far. But I always stay away from Walmart and target brands. Interesting that is sold for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. $20 for a Wal-Mart skirt!? That is great!! Better than what I have gotten for some brand name denim skirts I have had listed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always read your comments on buying denim skirts. MUST remember this and keep an eye out in future! Nice sale!

    ReplyDelete